April 1, 2016
Your membership in ADK should keep you informed about the park. How well do you know it? Take this quiz. Answers are at bottom of this page.
- In the Adirondacks, which of these activities is not allowed on state land?
- mountain bicycles
- Adirondack Park is a unique park in America for
- having inholdings of private land
- being protected by state constitution
- permitting dams on state land
- having zoning regulations
- What is the size of the Adirondack Park in millions of acres?
- What percentage of the Adirondack Park is publicly-owned Forest Preserve?
- How many people reside year-round in the Adirondack Park?
- The Adirondack Mountain Club formed a few years after
- the Civil War
- Teddy Roosevelt was elected
- the First World War
- Rockefeller became NY governor
- The Adirondack Park Agency Act of 1971 states:
- private and public lands are zoned for specific uses
- Forest Preserve land is exempt from local taxes
- construction on shorelines is prohibited
- motorized access will be scaled back
- Laurentian chapter ADK was founded in
- Our chapter has about how many voting members total (a family membership
contains two voters)?
Scroll down for answers