(Alternate) Director's Report
Meeting of March 11, 2006
- The Club has received two grants already this year. One for $100,000 from an anonymous donor and one for $19,000 from International Paper.
- The financial status of the club is about as expected. Because of some donations, the Club finished fiscal 2005 in the black.
- Lorraine DeSimone has rejoined ADK staff, and will be working to assist Chapters with new member initiatives, and Matt McNamara has been hired as Trails Coordinator.
- Membership is up 3.4% over 2004 we now have 16,989 households.
- We were told not to sign an insurance document with Niagara Mohawk (or whatever it is now) relative to liability suits that might result from trail maintenance projects.
- Negotiations continue between ADK and DEC relative to a new Visitor’s Center to be built by the state on ADK property. Much discussion ensued relative to parking and showers.
- A resolution supporting a Constructional Amendment to allow a new power transmission line to pass thru the Forest Preserve along Route 56 was approved.
- A resolution supporting the merger of the ADK Knickerbocker and New York Chapters was approved.