December 1, 2005
Paddlers' Rights Detailed
The Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks has released "Public Navigation Rights in New York State: Questions and Answers".
This 44-page document includes:
- an explanation of the legal rights of paddlers and other boaters in New York State,
- a 30-year history of efforts to secure navigation rights,
- a draft of recent legislation designed to codify our rights into law,
- a DEC memorandum describing its enforcement policy, and
- an exhaustive bibliography of canoeing guidebooks that cover waterways in New York State.
It can be downloaded from the Association's website at http://www.protectadks.org/news/web/2005-07-15.pdf.
Dec 1, 2005: Paddlers Rights