July 27, 2010
Raquette River Information Center To Open
Opening ceremonies at Center in South Colton, Saturday, July 31, 9:00 a.m.
On Saturday July 31 2010, the Raquette River Blueway Corridor (RRBC) will officially open a Raquette River Information Center in South Colton. The RRBC is an association of towns, schools and colleges, power utilities, environmental and recreational interests, arts organizations, tourism operators, and others with an interest in promoting the Raquette as a recreational destination. The Information Center is located in South Colton, across Route 56 from the post office and the former South of the Rock Inn. The opening will take place on Saturday, July 31 at 09:00 AM. This is a Raquette River Awareness Week Event.
AGENDA – JULY 31, 2010 FROM 9-9:45 a.m.
Welcome – Ruth McWilliams
Town Interests -- Town of Colton representatives
- Bill Swafford -- Connections to RRBC efforts / strategy
- Laurie Thornton -- Links town tourism & beautification activities
Strategic Regional Connections – Raquette River Blueway Corridor partners
- Jim Murphy (Village of Potsdam)
- Dan Parker (Brookfield Renewable Power)
- John Barron (ADK / Laurentian Chapter)
- Ellen Nesbitt (St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce)
- Varick Chittenden (Traditional Arts in Upstate New York)
Ribbon Cutting – Larry Patzwald with Ed/Arlene Wright
Brief Overview of Information Center Contents – Mary Jane Watson
Raquette River Song – Jamie Savage
Thanks for Joining Us !
Jul 27, 2010: Raquette River Information Center To Open