January 1, 2015
Call for Distinguished Volunteer Nominations
There have been seventeen Distinguished Volunteer Awards given by the Chapter to recognize volunteers who have given exceptional service to the chapter. No award has been given since 2011. This is not for lack of individuals deserving of the award. Here is a summary of the selection guidelines and process for making a nomination:
- The selected recipient over a number of years has made a significant contribution to the chapter’s endeavors.
- The selected recipient may have made a noteworthy contribution in one specific area or in a variety of areas.
- Contributions at the club level may also be considered in determining this award.
- Nominations may come from any chapter member or from the Executive Committee.
- The recipient(s) shall be selected by unanimous vote at a properly constituted Executive Committee meeting.
- To be formally considered by the Executive Committee, the nomination should be submitted in written form with strong documentation. Nomination papers should include the significant contributions made by the nominee to ADK’s Laurentian Chapter and to the Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK). Dates of elected positions held, appointed roles and duties assumed as well as volunteer tasks undertaken are important areas to identify and incorporate in the nomination papers.
- To the extent possible, the nomination process should be kept secret from the nominee(s).
Awards are given at either the Spring or Fall potlucks. Please take the time to consider participating in the nominating process. If you have questions about how to put a nomination together, and for a complete copy of the guidelines and rules, please contact me or Carolyn Kaczka, our chapter archivist.
Jan 1, 2015: Call for Distinguished Volunteer Nominations